Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Math Lesson


Last night we had a fun time watching my friend Karin's little boy, Everett, for the evening. My boys were especially taken with the cute 3 month old-- particularly Thomas. While I was giving Gordon his bath, Thomas kept Everett happy by practicing his math problems on his magna-doodle. How cute are these numbers?!?

Somehow this reminds me of a funny thing that happened on Sunday-- Gordon and I went into the primary room after the big kids went to their classes. (By the way, Gordon goes to nursery in November! YIPEEEEEE!!!) Anyway, our primary doesn't have a closing exercises, so the room was empty except for the presidency and a couple of moms with Gordon-aged children. The conversation was on a "kids say the darndest things" subject and when I came in, everyone got these sheepish smiles on their faces. Apparently, the kids were having a lesson about families and the president was explaining that there are many different kinds of families: one child, lots of children, one parent, two parents, grandparents, brothers, sisters, etc. Different children were raising their hands to tell about their families, "I have two sisters," or "I live with my mom," or "We have a dog," and I guess Thomas raised his hand and said, "I might be getting a sister!" So, of course, now rumors are circulating and I had to set the record straight: I am not pregnant! I told them that I think Thomas meant that he might be getting a sister-in-law, as in when Gordon gets married!

5 comments:

Elena said...

Hee-hee!!! That is hilarious! Seems to me that Thomas is extremely ready for a baby sister!!! :) Kids keep you humble don't they?!
And I was so glad to know that somebody else on this planet knows about "The Nightmare Before Christmas."

Elena said...

p.s. I love how you changed your background to Halloween. How did you do it?

jILl PeTeRsEn said...

Well, kids are really intuitive and I think that means you are suppose to get pregnant soon! Did you get baby hungry at all after watching the little one?!

Kristine said...

How cute! Maybe Thomas knows something you don't?! Your background is very festive... how do you do that?

kristine
p.s. I keep meaning to ask you this, but did you attend BYU? My friend thinks she might know you.

becky ward said...

Nice cover-up Elise! (;