Thursday, October 05, 2006

9-30 Some minor disappointments: Alpine Pond Hike, the Utes

After long internal deliberation, I decided that I really have to continue my blog coverage of the Utes, even if they lose. At first, I thought I might try to hide the post amid my vacation blogging, in the hopes that my BYU friends might miss the post. Well, here it is-- the Utes lost big time to very worth rivals, Boise State. The Broncos destroyed the Utes and Chris was not happy about it. Like any good fan on vacation without the cable channel carrying the game, he listened to the radio in our car in the parking lot of the condo. At halftime, though, when it was quite obvious that the Utes could not dig themselves out, he agreed that we should go on a hike.

The hike (called Alpine Pond), as it turned out, was also a bit of a disappointment. The pond was tiny and filled with kind of an icky moss. The trees surrounding it were dead and we didn't even get a view of Cedar Breaks from the trail. Bummer! But, walking around with our cute boys did put Chris in a much better mood! 

After the hike, we visited the Visitors Center at Cedar Breaks then went to St. George for dinner.

I love this picture of Thomas-- we've started thinking of new and clever ways to get him to smile when we take his picture. Obviously, this joke wasn't very funny!
 
  Posted by Picasa

No comments: