Sunday, September 17, 2006

Ute Domination





When the Utah Utes came to Logan on Saturday to play the Utah State Aggies, a Ute win was expected. However, I don't think anyone, even the cockiest Ute fan, anticipated the total 48-0 blowout that occured. The tone of the entire game was set during the second play of the game, when an Aggie turnover resulted in the first of two defensive touchdowns by the Utes. I actually felt a bit bad for the Aggies and wished they would have scored at least once. But, I'll admit, it was great fun sitting on the metal bleachers at Romney Stadium, watching the Utes annihilate the home team.

Gary and Marilyn came up from Salt Lake to spend the afternoon with us and my sister, Kristie, came down from Pocatello to watch the boys while we went to the game with Chris's parents. Our section of the stadium was full of Ute fans (in fact, by the fourth quarter, the only people left in the stadium were Ute fans!) so we had a blast cheering and singing the Utah fight song. We even had a visit from Swoop, the Utah mascot. Even though it was a chilly night, we were packed close enough and standing up to cheer often enough that we didn't even notice the cold. Once again, it was a great night to be a Ute!



Oh, and lest I forget, BYU lost to Boston College in double overtime 30-23. Too bad. Hee hee hee...

4 comments:

Katie said...

Elise, it's Katie (King)! I was so excited to get a comment on my blog from you. I've been brought back into contact with more friends through blogging than anything else! It's fun! I love all your picturs. Your boys are adorable!! I can't believe you have 2 that are that old already! It looks like you're having a great time! If you're ever in DC, come visit me! :)

Elena said...

You should have seen the poutty boys we had at our house Saturday! It was a horrible loss. Poor BYU! I must admit you do look darling in that awful red color. :) Looks like fun.

becky ward said...

What a blowout! But, it looks like fun! Elena's right, our boys where pathetic watching the BYU game on Saturday. Jarom even started to question his loyalty (don't tell him I told you)! We will have to go to a game together sometime...and get a babysitter...(;.

Elena said...

I may mumbled about the frustrations of being a cougar fan, but I will always root for the white & blue. :) -- Jarom