Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Lunchtime

Today was my first session as a lunchtime volunteer with Tom's kindergarten class and it went...not so well. When I arrived at EBLS, the kindergarten class was having PE in the gym and they all (including Tom) looked like they were having a great time. As soon as Tom spotted me, however, he did a complete 180 and turned into a whiny, clingy little stinker. Needless to say, the rest of the lunchtime was filled with tears and whines, with the end result being his teacher kindly asking me to refrain from volunteering for a while. The most frustrating part of the afternoon was when lunchtime was over and the kids got in a line to go to their Spanish class-- I told Tom to go get in line while I helped another little boy with his lunch tray. By the time the little boy was finished and got into line, Tom had forgotten about me and was having fun with some other kids. I hid behind some other adults and watched as he happily marched off to Spanish class. It's too bad I can't just hide the whole time I'm volunteering, but at least I know that when I'm not around, he really does have a good time.

 The kids were at the gym, so I took the moment to take a picture of Tom's cute classroom.

 I love the gym at this school-- and the kids were having a blast getting all of their energy out before lunch.

 Here's my little non-eater. Note the little hives on his forehead-- that's what happens when he cries a lot. Brother.

 When I got home, Chris made me a yummy turkey sandwich and I ate lunch in the pleasant company of Chris and little Gord. Posted by Picasa

No comments: