Tuesday, November 06, 2007

We ♥ Ft. Collins!

Chris and I really like Logan, so don't read anything into it when I say that I could totally live in Fort Collins, CO. It is just the coolest town. Of course, it helps that we have a blast every time we go, and we have Emily and Jon to be great hosts to us.

One of the things I like most about Ft. Collins is their cool Old Town. On Saturday before the game, we went to this really neat kitchen store called The Cupboard, where we found some interesting candies and enjoyed browsing through the isles of kitchen trinkets.

Ft. Collins also has the best food! On Saturday morning after Emily picked us up at the airport, we went strait to Lucile's for the tastiest breakfast. Yum, my mouth is watering just thinking about that hot chocolate! Then, after the football game, we ate at Young's Cafe, our favorite Vietnamese restaurant. So tasty!

On Sunday, while Emily, Jon and Abby went to church, Chris and I went for a lovely fall walk in Ft. Collins' City Park. The weather was clear and crisp, and I couldn't think of a more beautiful way to spend the morning.


We met back up with the Hales and we had to take some pictures. Chris and I just fell in love with Abby-- she is the cutest little thing! And she smells so yummy... of course, it doesn't help that I think all babies smell yummy these days. I love that Abby is just a little dainty girl-- so different from our rough-and-tumbly boys.


Chris gets such a kick out of Oscar-- he is such a big kitty! I think he really loved being held...




Our last stop before heading back to the airport and home was Rio Grande-- home of Chris' favorite chili relleno. Look how happy he is! ¡Muy delicioso!


Abby makes the cutest little facial expressions!




Thanks again, Emily, Jon and Abby! We loved our trip to Fort Collins!

6 comments:

shannon said...

Elise DeArten (sp?) right? I totally remember you. I am not sure if we ever met, but I remember Adam talking about you and how you were great friends in high school. Where do you guys live now? We are in Orem, and loving every minute of it. my email is peterss@sosstaffing.com, email me and maybe we can chat. Adam is dying to see your blog also, thanks for the fun comment, your family is just gorgeous!

Marilyn said...

Once again, you put us all to shame - you are too dang photogenic, you cutie!! Mmmmmm, Beignets!!

becky ward said...

Emily's baby is adorable! What a great get-away. I would love to visit Colorado some day. I am glad you had a great time! You deserve it!

Kim said...

Great pictures! You sure packed a lot into a weekend. Say hi to Emily and Jon for us. Abby is a doll!

Elena said...

How fun! Was it a get away for just the two of you? Who had your boys?

Becca said...

That is one HUGE cat.