I was tagged by Shannon-- YAY-- I love these things! Here we go...
The rules of the game should be posted at the beginning of the post. Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
1. Every now and then, I have dreams that I am dating Doogie Howser, MD. No, not Neil Patrick Harris, the guy in my dreams is actually a teenaged doctor named Doogie-- I should note that when I dream about Doogie, I'm also a teenager. I think these dreams stem from the subconscious memories I created while making up daily sagas about Doogie with Lisa Gauchay when we were in fifth grade. In the end, we had Doogie proposing to Jessie from "Saved by the Bell", who we re-named Simone and gave a french accent. Doogie proposed by knocking on her front door, then lip-syncing to a Milli Vanilli song. "Girl you know it's true... uh, uh, uh, I love you..."
2. Ever since I read about Caitlan's post about eating Japanese food on one of her recent dates, I have been craving tempura vegetables in the worst way. If you told me ten years ago that I would want to eat at a Japanese restaurant, I would have thought you were crazy. I have Chris to thank for helping me expand the types of food I will try, and I'm proud to say that I can find something I like at almost any restaurant. That being said, I have my stand-by's, and I tend to order the same kind of thing no matter where I am.
3. My front teeth are kind of sensitive, so I have to have a straw to drink something with ice in it. I like to get straws on airplanes because most airlines only have the little coffee straws, and they always give me two. They're perfect for crushing the lime in my Sprite.
4. I hardly ever get sick and when I do, I usually get over it really quickly. This quality comes in very handy, especially because Chris and Thomas (I think Gord is more like me) tend to get sick a lot more often than I do.
5. Lately I have been practicing "yoga breathing" when I am really irritated, usually at the carpool at Tom's school, or in the grocery store. Yoga breathing is slightly audible, and the breathing itself doesn't really relax my nerves, but thinking about it helps me not grind my teeth or make snappy comments to or about the sources of my irritation (usually people driving either a car or a grocery cart). Today I was yoga breathing when I picked Thomas up and he told me to "Stop Snoring!" Ha ha! I took this picture at the front of the carpool line today-- as you can see, the process requires a lot of concentration!
6. I really love to sing. My voice is mediocre at best, and I have very limited musical ability or talent, so I try to keep my singing out of public range as much as possible. I am trying to get Chris (who does have a great voice) to join the ward choir with me, at least for Christmas, but he's not biting. Oh well, I guess it's just me and whoever I'm listening to in the car. It may not be good, but it will be really, really loud.
Okay, I'm tagging Caitlan, my mom, Ann-Michelle, Becky, Elena, Ashley, Becca, Christy, Holly, Sherrie, and Emily Loria, if she reads this (I know, more than six). Actually, I think everyone should do this because I think it's fun!
And if this wasn't enough about me, you can always check out more tidbits! Yeah, you love it.