Tuesday, October 02, 2007

So much to do...

... and I'm sitting here looking at blogs.

As previously mentioned, October is going to be insane, but I love it so much. I love that frosty cold smell of the morning air, and wearing sweaters and boots, and thinking about comfort food recipes, and admiring the beautiful red patches all over the mountains that surround this valley.

The folks at the HJ were very smart when they invited Chris for a job interview two years ago during this time of year. He flew into Salt Lake City and drove North to Logan, then called me while in Sardine Canyon, completely awestruck at the beauty of the fall colors. Now we're in our second full autumn, and I couldn't be more in love with this beautiful spot of earth. I'm glad we live here.

October brings the season of decorating and our house is now speckled with all sorts of little Halloween gadgets. I don't even have a huge collection, but I love the way all of these little touches just make our home feel more spirited and fun. Mmmm... there is nothing better than the smell of our spicy "Harvest" candle.

Later this week:
  • Thomas in Tiger Cub Scouts
  • Chris turns 31
  • My family visits for GC


Happy Fall!

4 comments:

becky ward said...

I love the fall too! Especially October! I love the color change on your blog.

PS we will be in Logan this weekend...and I have your PC towel.

Marilyn said...

About October...ditto!

Caitlan said...

Yay all of that sounds like fun. And no- Brian and I don't go running together. He wants to, but I'd like to be a little more in shape first. He once told me that he really hoped he made the BYU cross country team because he didn't want 4:30 to be the best mile he'd run, he would just feel like he had wasted something. Yep.

Christy said...

As stated in one of my previous blogs, I also love this time of year! It is a busy time, but it's always a "fun" busy.