Tuesday, February 27, 2007

My new job

Yesterday was my first day as the new Franchise Development Coordinator for Harris Research (Chem-Dry). The job is very similar to my previous one with Mrs. Fields-- still working with Franchise Development, UFOCs, franchisees, the whole fun group. This is the first opportunity I've had to make a career decision based on a very specific skill set, so it is very fun to go into a situation already knowing a lot of the basics.

The office is here in Logan, and my individual office is quite nice. I got to go to Staples to stock it up--- mmm, nothing better than new office supplies! I will work from that office much of the time, but have also been granted the flexibility to work at home when I choose to. The office is about 1.5 miles from our house, so it's a nice, quick commute.

My first two days have been relatively uneventful, so unfortunately, I don't have anything fantastic to write about today. But, you don't read this blog to hear about my work life anyway.

As far as other life updates go, Chris and I painted our bedroom last weekend. It looks pretty good, though we still need to touch up and get a new bedspread before I post any before and after pictures. We've discovered that Thomas has some really amazing musical abilities, which furthers my insistance that we purchase a piano ASAP. Look for that post in the coming weeks! Gordon has learned to climb up on the counter height chairs and was recently discovered sitting in the kitchen sink. It's hard to get too upset with him when he starts saying "No no no no no!" before you get a chance to. Little stink bug.
And finally, our little kitty lost his gender today and has been walking around still dazed from the anesthetic. We're told he'll really mellow out after this procedure, so it will be interesting to see how much. Here is "Schroed" (as Tom calls him) doing what he likes to do best.

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

Busy, Busy, Busy. Can't wait to come up and see all the home improvements - and play with the poor eunuch cat! Re:Office supplies - did you get a new box of crayons, too? I LOVE new crayons!!

The Myers Family said...

Andy would be jealous of your short commute! Hope the job proves to be a fun, rewarding experience. I can't wait to hear more about Tom's musical genius (I heard some details from Chris) and to see your bedroom! I'm impressed with your decorating abilities.

Elena said...

Glad to hear the job is going well thus far. I think I could spend a million dollars on new office supplies. There's just something about them!! SO fun; I am jealous.

Poor little Shroeder. :) Hope he recovers quickly. And finally, can't wait to see the color you chose for your room!!

becky ward said...

I am glad that your first day went well. I hope everything works out nicely! Let's see those bedroom pictures (so jealous)!