Monday, November 27, 2006

Thankful

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend! I started the day waking up very early and driving to Idaho Falls for the "Race to Feed the Hungry" 5K with my mom and sisters Ann-Michelle and Caitlan. This was our first race and we had fun. We didn't win, but I felt great that at least we finished! We're planning another run on New Years Day-- the Resolution Run, also in IF. It's been fun training and I'm hoping to keep improving!


After the race, I headed back to Logan to pick up Thomas and Gordon, then the three of us went to Salt Lake City to celebrate Thanksgiving day with my in-laws. I am annoyed with myself that I didn't take any pictures of Marilyn's table-- it was beautiful! Not just the food-- the traditional tastiness of turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, have I missed anything?-- but the whole table setting was gorgeous. Marilyn is the perfect hostess!

Poor Chris had to work on Thanksgiving and the day after, so he missed the big meal. He did stop by Angie's diner and get some ham (they ran out of turkey) and I think he probably relished sleeping in late on Friday morning. At least he'll have some good time off at Christmas. Gotta love the life of a journalist-- the news never sleeps.

On Friday, Grammuh and Grampuh took the boys and me to Tom's favorite place: the planetarium. He's such a funny little boy-- every time we visit my in-laws, he requests to go to the planetarium. They oblige him more often than not! During this visit, we saw a 3D movie called "Santa vs. the Snowman"-- a little cheezy, but the 3D was really cool. Tom was a little nervous about it-- particularly during the dinosaur previews-- and watched with one eye covered by the 3D glasses and the other bare.




On Friday night, I put the boys to bed, then drove to Logan to pick up my hubby. We drove back to SLC together and spent the rest of the weekend there. Saturday was primarily consumed by the game (see above post) but we did get the chance to go to a late movie with our fun friends, Ryan and Nickie Stanton. We saw The Prestige-- I still can't decide if I liked it or not. It was weird and creepy, but as Ryan said, it kept our attention the whole time. Well, like it or not, it was great fun hanging out with our friends!

After church at Chris's parent's ward on Sunday, we were pleased to get a visit from Mike Crosby and his cute daughter, Kira. Chris and Mike have been friends since they were really young and they had a good time catching up. Gordon was napping at the time, so Thomas and Kira played nicely. I really enjoyed watching Thomas play with Kira-- she is a very sweet little two-year-old girl and a little shy, and Tom was very kind to her and engaged her really well. It's always fun seeing your kids play well with others!

Finally, late Sunday afternoon, we drove home to Logan. Whew! We really did have a great holiday weekend and I'm so thankful for all of the wonderful people in our lives that made it so! We love you all! ♥ ♥ ♥

2 comments:

Kristine said...

Elise,
I heard you guys had a great time on Sunday and that Kira really took to Thomas. What a sweet boy you have! Sorry I missed it.. I am still battling with the flu-like symptoms (I have the worst luck :( )
Kristine

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you ran a 5K! Way to go! And...where is the planetarium? That looks like so much fun. My kids would love it.