Thursday, June 19, 2008

My Leesta Toast is 29!!



I can't think of a more appropriate time to attempt my first blog post than on Elise's last birthday of her twenties. I feel this is especially appropriate since I am composing this entry on the new iMac I got her as an early birthday present.

Let's start with some messages from the boys:
"I think I want to say ... happy birthday." - Gord
"I love you sooooooooo much. Happy birthday Mom!" - Tom
"Maybe I want to say I love you." - Gord, who loves Mommy because "I play with her."
"She obeys me, and I obey her." - Tom

What I will say is that Leesta is the Gorilla glue that holds this family together. If it weren't for her, the boys and I would be living up Logan Canyon in some cave, wearing loincloths and competing with coyotes for food. Sure, we'd have fun, but we'd probably smell bad and definitely cry ourselves to sleep every night over the loss of our lovely redhead.

When we found out we were having another boy, it just seemed right. Leesta has always been the lone woman in this family, and she's magnified that role so well. She's the perfect mixture of creativity, comfort, business savvy, leadership, friendship, beauty, intellect and sexiness. And, as Tom pointed out, she's got the obedience (and lustrous coat) of a golden retriever.
Happy birthday Leesta!

16 comments:

Ashley said...

HURRAY!!! HAPPY DAY!!! (And way to go Chris! I can see I would enjoy reading your columns!!)

.allison. said...

Aw that was cute! Happy Birthday Elise!!!

becky ward said...

happy birthday elise! and what an enjoyable post chris!

Becca said...

Yes! The golden retriever comment was my favorite, but second to that was the FABULOUS birthday photo.

Whew--you are one month older than me. Next year I'll remember you and sing a dirge in your honor.

Hope it's a happy one, but I don't have any doubts that it will be.

Todd said...

Happy Birthday Elise

Ann-Michelle said...

yay for elise and birthdays! we hope you enjoy it! *happy happy birthday leesie dear, happiness will come to you all year . . .if i had wish then it would be-- a happy happy birthday to you from the freeds!* (ah hahha- i kill myself)

The Hammers said...

Happy Birthday! What a great hubby to put such a sweet post on for us all to see. I hope you had a great day!

Sherrie said...

Happy Day! You are lovely, genuine, wonderful, talented, generous, and kind. I am lucky to call you friend.

Elena said...

It's a good thing you're so obedient. :) So funny! Happy Birthday Elise!!!! Hope it was great.

Emily said...

LOVE THIS POST! How exciting, happy birthday!

Holly said...

Happy Birthday Elise!

Kim said...

Thanks, Chris, for the great birthday tribute!
Happy Birthday Elise!

Monica said...

What a nice hubby! hope your birthday was fun.

Christy said...

Happy b-day Elise! What a nice husband you have! (And I'm back after my two-week sabbatical...go read my blog).

Esther Ogden said...

Man, he is hilarious! You are one lucky woman, Elise! By the way, just got a new imac as well! Don't you just LOVE it?!!! =)

jILl PeTeRsEn said...

I know this is late but Happy 29! Did you cry at all cause I am afraid I might! 4 more months! Ugh! Your husband is a sweetheart and you are very lucky! SO IS HE!