Monday, December 10, 2007

Where the love light gleams

On Saturday morning, our cute friend Holly Mitchell came over to take some family pictures of us. Holly is starting a new photography business and is building her portfolio. She took some really great photographs of a family with well-behaved children, so I thought I would be nice and give her some experience with the other kind of chilren-- the ones who won't hold still, especially when you get a camera out! Despite my rotten boys, Holly actually got some great pictures of us. And, to tell you the truth, the more I look at the not-so-perfect pictures, the more I like them. After all, this is what we're really like!






Gordon's "Mean Dinosaur" face







This picture turned out to be one of my favorites. The boys are having a complete meltdown, and I love the unspoken words between Chris and me. I'm going to frame it!


Holly actually babysat for us on Friday night while Chris and I went to my work Christmas party, so we owe her big time. Lucky for us, she doesn't have kids yet! :) Thanks again, Holly!!

10 comments:

The Myers Family said...

WHolly is a fantastic photographer and her subjects are equally fantastic! What a great photo shoot. I can't wait to frame one of them for our house....

The Myers Family said...

Holly, I mean....

michelle said...

WOW...

I absolutely love the porch ones. It looks like it's from a magazine!

Elena said...

I like how Gordon looks like he's going to fall on top of his head. Cute pictures! I love the one of you and Chris hugging. So cute!

Holly said...

Yay! I'm so glad you like them! I agree that the ones where you are trying to get them to sit up are the best. They are just so funny.

becky ward said...

Hello Gorgeous! These turned out spectacular! I love all of them!

Holly said...

Wait a minute. What do you mean lucky for you I don't have kids yet?! You know you want to babysit my kids! haha!

Caitlan said...

i LOVE those- especially the sepia one of you and Tom. But the others are so funny and so indicative (i love that word) Gordon's dinosaur face is hilarious.

Emily said...

Your photos are delightful, I love them!

Becca said...

I love the black and white pic of you and Chris hugging--very sweet.