Oh my goodness, I can hardly get over my own cleverness with that title... ah, the fun. Anyway, Shannon tagged me a little while ago, and it's been such a busy week that I'm just now getting to it!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper-- and it must be Christmas wrapping paper. Chris tried to get away with wrapping things in blue birthday paper, what the heck?
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real-- I like everything about a real tree. I like the getting, the putting up, the smell, even the pine needles don't bother me. One year in Washington (I think Christmas '04), we went up into the mountains and cut down our own tree. It was so fun and festive, I think we're going to try to do it again next year.
3. When do you put up the tree? As soon as we can after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? Usually New Year's day, or shortly thereafter.
5. Favorite gift received as a child? I loved my American Girl, Kirsten, and that one doll with the roller skates-- what was her name? I also still remember how thrilled I was to get a navy blue leather jacket when I was in high school.
6. Do you have a nativity scene? We have one little tiny one-- the size of those miniature tree ornaments-- that we bought the first year we were married. I really need to get another one that people can actually see.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My in-laws, although I think I did pretty well this year.
8. Easiest to buy for? My kids. They usually tell me what they want in August.
9. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? Mail, for heaven's sake. Don't even get me started on e-mail Christmas cards.
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I usually love all of my presents, but I am not always crazy about the homemade treats that people bring over, especially when I can't tell what it is. I realize that people may be thinking the same thing about my treats, but I do try to make them look pretty.
11. Favorite Christmas Movie? "Scrooge"-- it's a good'un.
12. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No, but I have returned a few.
13. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? These are really more holiday treats, since we make them any time between Thanksgiving and New Year, but I LOVE party foods, namely our cream cheese stuffed tomatoes, Chris's stuffed mushrooms, Honeybaked Ham, and Muddy Buddies. Oooh, I'm going to post some recipes today!
14. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear on the tree, colored on the house.
15. Favorite Christmas song? "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" (especially the one by Frakie Valley and the Four Seasons), Carol of the Bells, and "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas". My favorite Christmas songs to sing at church are "Come, All Ye Faithful" and "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day"
16. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We've never spent a Christmas at home. This year we'll be in Salt Lake with Chris's family tomorrow through the 24th, then in Idaho Falls with mine the 24-27th.
17. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes, and I especially love Vixen. She's a saucy little deer.
18. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Jammies on Christmas Eve, everything else Christmas morning.
19. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Grumpy people and people feeling like they have to apologize before eating something. It's Christmas, people, eat up! That's what New Year's Resolutions are for!!
20. Favorite ornament theme or color? I love that our tree doesn't have a theme and that all of our ornaments are really cool and personal, but I have to admit that I'm always attracted to those blue and silver trees at the tree festivals. They just look so wintery!
21. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Honeybaked Ham or Turkey. I also love to eat the rolls-- gotta get those carbs in there!
22. What do you want for Christmas this year? Hmmm... I don't know... I asked for a deep fryer so I can make perfect Won Tons, and a creme brulee set. If Oprah's reading this, I'd like a new car, a Mac, and lots and lot of cash. Wait, I just remembered, my real Christmas wish is that my Mom and Dad would update their blogs a little more often! Ha!
MERRY CHRISTMAS, All! If you want to/have time to do this one, I'd love to see what you have to say!