Monday, August 21, 2006

Then and Now... Celebrating Eight Years!

Today Chris and I celebrated the eighth anniversary of our wedding day! I can't believe how quickly time flies... and yet, it's hard to remember not being married to Chris. In our eight years together, we've lived in three cities, had seven different addresses, driven four cars, attended two schools, and worked for nine companies. We've eaten at hundreds of different restaurants (as you can clearly tell by the number of pounds we've gained... I'm not even going to try and estimate that!) and vacationed at so many fun places. Most importantly, our eight years have given us two of the most wonderful children in the world, and a deeper love and appreciation for each other than we could have ever imagined. I'm so grateful to Chris for being my ideal in every way!

 
Look how little we were! This picture was taken shortly after we got engaged in 1998!


 
 
After all these years, we've still got it!
 Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

becky ward said...

EIGHT YEARS!!! I can't believe it. I loved reading this...very touching! Congratulations you two!

Amanda and Andy Hansen said...

Elise and Chris, Happy anniversary! I can't believe it's been eight years. You guys have always been a good example of a happy marriage for Andy and I to look up to. We love ya.