Monday, October 20, 2008

Tom and the artist

For quite a while now, if asked what he wants to be when he grows up, Thomas' reply is: "an Artist." Imagine his delight when today, a guest artist (I'm guessing a USU art major, but I could be wrong) visited his school for an assembly and selected Thomas as a volunteer for a drawing. When I picked him up from school, he told me all about being picked and how he told the artist about his own artistic aspirations. Apparently he was the only volunteer, so it was an extra special day. We found a great little spot for our custom art downstairs-- Thomas couldn't be more proud!

5 comments:

Elena said...

That's what Tom will look like when he's 17. How fun for him.

Todd and Kristie said...

Your kids are so stinkin' cute! I just wanted to say THANK YOU again for making our blog kick..well, I don't know how you feel about explitives on your blog. But it ROCKS! It was really fun to come see you guys, too. Thanks for having us! Give those sweet little boys hugs and kisses for us. :)

Becca said...

Oh, I'm so happy for Thomas! Isn't it great when your kids come home from school just bubbling with enthusiasm?

Me said...

Yay for Thomas! I remember our 3rd grade guest artist taught us how to draw tree's. I still pretend I am the king making roads to his kingdom whenever I draw trees. Hope all is well with your fam+1! Hope to see your mom later this month and lots of pix. Take Care U

Amanda and Andy Hansen said...

How fun for Tom to get chosen! I remember watching him color with Tyler last summer and I was impressed with his work. He is a very good artist.