Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I wanna Rock and Roll all night...

...and party every day!

On Saturday the 9th, we went to Pocatello to attend the 25th birthday party of Todd Flatland. Kristie really went all out with a pirate-themed party, including some sweet pirate decorations and a chocolate fountain! I think every party should have a chocolate fountain! My whole family was there, plus several friends and kids, and we had a blast.


Even with the chocolate fountain, the real hit of the party was "Rock Band"-- a video game similar to the widely popular "Guitar Hero", only with a bass guitar, vocals and drums in addition to the guitar. Everyone loved it, and it was hilarious to watch people rock out. I even took a turn on the vocals to (who else) Bon Jovi-- gotta love Dead or Alive! Wooo! Ha ha ha...

Ann-Michelle on vovals, Jake jammin' the guitar

Tom is really good on the guitar! And Todd Freed ruled the drums-- they were harder than they look.


Nicki Stanton and Kristie singing some song I didn't know. If I learned one thing at this party, it's that I'm apparently the only person who hasn't heard of half of these artists... and I guess knowing every Bon Jovi song does not make me cool. Oh well, I still love you Jon Bon Jovi! :)


Those who weren't flexing their rock muscles had fun just hanging out. I love having Jake around-- he's such a fun bro.

Me and the boys...



We got Todd a cool little Zip-O (sp?) lighter-- he is one of these guys who has anything and everything stored in his pocket, so a fancy lighter will certainly come in handy for something. Happy Birthday, Todd, and thanks again for the rockin' party!!

4 comments:

Elena said...

OH SO FUN!! I have wanted to try that game for forever. I told Jarom that it needs to be our next year Christmas present.

becky ward said...

I want to try that game too! Looks like a great party!

Ann-Michelle said...

that really was a fun birthday party- we were glad you guys made it! tom was pretty good at the guitar!

.allison. said...

Ann-Michelle is right, that was a fun party and Thomas was really jammin' out!! We can't wait until we see you again!!