Tuesday, September 25, 2007

31:Something

That was my time for the 5K I ran on Saturday morning. Not too shabby, but I was certainly inspired to start training again so I can improve. Christy ran a personal best time, which was awesome, and Holly ran her first 5K ever. We had a great time-- especially when it was over!

My new shoes were very white, so I felt a little nerdy, but they sure were comfy.


Here we are: Christy, Holly, me. Next up, a 10K in early November... I better get moving now!

11 comments:

Sherrie said...

I'm so proud of you. Doug has our jogger double stroller all ready for me. I can't wait to move freely. I don't see running a 5k or anything, just moving more and eating less. Ahhh baby weight.

Christy said...

I am glad you did it with me. I am definitely gonna do the 10K in November...should be fun.

Ashley said...

You rock!!!!!

Holly said...

Oh boy, November is coming right up. I'll have to run a lot between now and then. I'll think about it though. Is it outside?

Marilyn said...

Way to go, Leesta! You are an inspiration!

Kristine said...

Very impressive Elise! Keep up the good work:)

Elena said...

you are amazing! I had a dream the other night that I could run. Sadly, it was just a dream.

Justin and Amber Manwaring said...

I'm so jealous. I started getting ready to do a 5K and then my doctor told me I shouldn't be running with all my arthritis. I hope you enjoy it. Running is such a high. Good luck on the 10K, how fun!

Emily said...

That's awesome! Too bad we don't live close enough so you can inspire me to run too. Oh well...

becky ward said...

You go, girl! I wish I had the desire to run. Now, a walking race I would consider. (; Congratulations!

jILl PeTeRsEn said...

Dude, impressive! I want to back into running but it kind of scares me! SO MUCH WORK!