Tuesday, September 04, 2007
Becky tagged me twice in one day! This one was a little harder than the one about Chris. (And yes, I'm slow...)
Here are eight little-known tidbits all about me!
1. I think there are two types of people: fruit people and veggie people. I'm the latter, hands down. I enjoy eating almost every kind of vegetable-- cooked, raw, mixed in with other stuff, whatever. Fruit, on the other hand, is a different story. It's not that I don't like it-- I do like a lot of fruits-- but they're rarely my first choice. Fruit has to be raw and fresh-- ew, I hate baked fruit. Pie people (Chris) don't understand it, but hot fruit brings on a huge gag reflex for me. As Gordon would say, "Ucka!"
2. I cannot stand shoes with straps that go between my toes (ie: flip-flops). I have been known to, on occasion, wear dressy shoes with between-the-toe straps for the sake of fashion, but I don't own a single pair of flip-flops. It's not just the toe thing-- I don't like the sound of those spongey plastic soles snapping against bare feet. I know they're really in style right now, so no offense to you flip-flop wearers, they're just not my thing.
3. I get very moved by commercials. It's not just the sappy ones-- I've been moved to tears over commercials that are just really well done. Like this one from JC Penney, shown during the Oscars last year. Awesome.
On the flip side, there is nothing more offensive to me than a poor commercial. I get upset just thinking that someone got paid to make this crap! I have also boycotted a few products and businesses simply because I hate their ad campaigns. For example, I refuse to eat at Carl's Jr. because I hate those "don't bother me, I'm eating" commercials with the amplified noises of people chewing, or wiping up the drippings from their burgers with their french fries. Nastiness.
4. I love watching movies, especially if there is some kind of dancing (or even cheerleading) involved. I'll also watch a teen flick any day of the week (these two often go together). I love dramas and comedies, of course chick flicks, but I can't handle scary movies or movies with excessive violence. I've had recurring nightmares based on a really stupid horror movie that I watched when I was in high school.
5. I keep a rating list of my favorite versions of crème brûlée. This is my favorite dessert of all time, and I love that it is different at every restaurant. So far, the #1 crème brûlée on my list is at Barkley's Steakhouse in Victoria, BC. It is made with just a hint of maple and it is incredible. Mmmm... Barkley's. As a side note, Chris and I are planning a trip there with our friends Nicki and Ryan Stanton to celebrate our 10th anniversaries next year.
6. I don't have a green thumb. I think gardens are beautiful-- I love flowers and trees and fresh produce-- but I am not talented in the growing-it-myself department. I may try to give this another go next year, but for right now, I'm looking forward to the snow. I need a Roberto! (Roberto mows Heidi's lawn-- does he do any other gardening?)
7. I love Bon Jovi. I stumbled across a live acoustic concert on VH1 a few months ago-- it was so, so awesome. Bon Jovi is still as cool as they were when I first heard "You give love a bad name," when I was in 4th grade.
Mostly, though, Chris and I listen to smooth jazz. We're nerds.
8. Like Elena, I love the world of blog. I think everyone should have a blog and I am not ashamed to pester people about it. It's not hard and it's free. You should start one right now.
I love to read my friends' and family's blogs and I also like to surf around and find random interesting blogs to read. I actually have a few favorites-- people I don't know-- that I visit almost daily (I think the term is "blog-stalking"). I'm a self-proclaimed google slueth as well. If you are google-able, I've probably found you. I just like to know what people are up to.
I'm tagging everyone, especially Caitlan!
Edited to add the Bon Jovi picture... because we can all use some bad medicine...