Wednesday, March 21, 2007

No more American Idol...

I'll admit it: I have, in the past, been a big fan of American Idol. I religiously watched the first season (Thomas was a baby!) and even taped the second and third seasons. The past few years, I have not been quite as involved, and after tonight, I'm ready to swear off the show forever. I wasn't a huge Stephanie fan or anything (she was voted off, in case you missed it), but the thought of watching another installment of Sanjaya butchering another song makes me nauseated. I guess it's a good thing I'm not watching AI anymore-- I have much better things to do with my time, right?!


Thomas starts soccer practice tomorrow and he could not be more excited. Today he wanted to put on his full uniform and practice in the backyard. We played for a little bit and I discovered that he has an interesting way of scoring. He counted a goal for himself when he kicked the ball to the fence; after his first score, he said, "Yes! Twenty to zero!" My score was when I kicked the ball over to the other side. Did I get twenty points? Nope-- "Oh man! You're out of bounds!"


For some reason, the bruise on Gordon's left eye doesn't look nearly as bad in the picture as it does in real life! He tried to pull a puzzle off a shelf in his closet and it fell right onto his face. The poor little thing just seems to collect battle scars, doesn't he?

4 comments:

Elena said...

No more Idol???? I just love that show! Sanjaya and all. It's sucha great laugh for the night. Especially this weeks with the poor little crying girl. HILARIOUS!

Don't you love kids'ideas of how a game works. Somehow they are ALWAYS the winner! Thomas cracks me up. And Gordon looks like a typical 2 year old. Poor kid. :)

Marilyn said...

I agree - Idol has lost much of its appeal for me, too. I heard on the Today Show that the core age of the Idol audience is 12-13. That explains Sanjaya, doesn't it? I have to admit though, I do enjoy watching. By the way, is it just me, or does that bald guy look a lot like Golom?


GOAL!!!! Those first soccer games are so hilarious. None of the kids actually play their positions - there's just this big wad of little uniforms wherever the ball is. Kinda like the cloud of dust that follows Pigpen.

becca said...

I had to leave a comment about your american idol post because I am a HUGE Sanjaya fan. From the very beginning I have liked him because he reminded me of my brother David. The big smile and all. (My dad hates it when I say that) Anyway, he can't sing at all, but I love it that he is still in there! Don't stop watching, it is always good for a laugh. Also, Ty always has a bump or bruise on his face too. Looks like he and Gordon are alike.

becky ward said...

I love American Idol too, and can't believe Sanjaya's run! How crazy. But, as long as Blake is on the show I am IN. He is smooth!