Sunday, March 18, 2007

How we kept busy last week...

It has been a busy week for the Hansen household! I've managed to take a few pictures, but I've been unable to blog until today. This may be a lengthy post, but at least you'll understand why I've been a bit lax on my blog updates!!

(Last) Saturday in Idaho Falls
Let's start with last Saturday, when the boys and I took a short trip to Idaho Falls. We had a really fun day and I was disappointed that I forgot to bring my camera! I guess you'll have to take my word on it.

We drove up early and I dropped the boys off at the Freed home, then went with Ann-Michelle to meet my mom and Caitlan at Community Park for a 5K race. We ran a pretty good race and were able to shave quite a bit of time off of our previous races. I felt pretty good about that!

Afterward, we went over to my parents' house and just hung out. (I fell asleep-- sorry Mom & Ann-M) The kids had a great time playing together and, as always, were sad to leave.

Abby's Blessing
We had to get home quickly, though, because the next day, Sunday, we drove down to Salt Lake for Abby's baby blessing at Jon's parents' ward. It was a really fun day-- the blessing was beautiful, Abby was adorable, and we got to reunite with the the Hales, the Myers, and Gramm and Gramp! In all the excitement, I only managed to get one picture of the sweet little star of the show, and she was fast asleep.Isn't she a sweetheart? Thomas and Gordon were not as thrilled with Abby (after all, she's still little) as they were with their Myers cousins, Sophie, Audrey, and David. It is so much fun to see how well these little guys get along! Aside from the mess, Grammuh and Grampuh were in heaven with all of these cute kids running around. We did miss Tyler! :)

The Children's Museum
I went back to Logan on Sunday night, but Chris stayed with the boys to hang out with the family while I had to go back to work. On Monday, they all went downtown to the Children's Museum. The kids always have so much fun there, and the many pictures Chris took show that this time was no different.


After the Museum, they ate a fun lunch at Happy Sumo (Thomas even ate Tempura sweet potatoes!-- Thanks Sophie!!) and just had a really fun day spending time together.

We were thrilled to have everyone visit us on Wednesday afternoon in Logan! It was fun to show off our house and our little town, and just to have a few more moments with the family. We feel truly grateful that we have such great relationships with Chris's family! We miss you guys already!!

EBLS Science Fair
On Wednesday evening, Thomas participated in his first Art, Science and Technology Fair at Edith Bowen. The fair was held in the student center at Utah State University and it was quite the event!

Thomas's project had to do with his constant questioning of "How Come?" He has been asking why we have eyes, ears, legs, etc. lately, so what better way to learn than to do a project? Chris helped him take pictures of eight different body parts, then I had Thomas write a use for each of the parts and we pasted the answers and pictures on the posterboard.

The project turned out well and Thomas really enjoyed presenting it at the fair. He especially enjoyed receiving his trophy!

On Thursday, the boys were excited to visit Gramm once again when I had to go back to Salt Lake to finish up some training for Mrs. Fields. They love their Gramm so much, and I appreciate her being so willing to hang out (ie: baby-sit) them for the afternoon. Thank you, Marilyn!!

The Scooter Skirmish
It was so lovely outside yesterday, so the boys and I took advantage and went for a nice walk on the Logan River Trail. Thomas decided to bring his scooter, a decision I should have probably denied. Gordon looked so cute trying to scoot along (I had to pull most of the time.)

The problems came when it was Tom's turn to ride. We're trying to teach the lesson of "sharing" to Gordon, but he hasn't quite figured it out yet. In this picture, you can see Gord closely following Thomas, on the scooter. What you can't see is that whenever Gordon wasn't taking his turn on the scooter, he was screaming.


Eensy, Weensy Gordon
And finally, I am totally loving Gordon's ever-increasing vocabulary! He has really been excited about singing nursery rhymes lately; his favorite is "Eensy-Weensy Spider." I caught him doing the actions yesterday. Never mind the perpetually dirty tee shirt-- he's still adorable!


And, that's it... at least that's the brief summary. Whew!

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

"Whew" is right! It was such a great week with all but one (Ty) of my little toonies within arm's reach. I loved having the boys here on Thursday. They are so fun and sweet! I LOVED Tom's science fair project. Congratulate him for me!

Amanda and Andy Hansen said...

We wish we could have been there to see everyone. It sounds like you all had a lot of fun.