Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Summer book reviews

This summer, we're trying to make a weekly trip the library. The boys love it and it makes me feel like I'm doing my part in helping them be better readers. We decided to review their favorites for this week and we'll try to make this a weekly tradition as well. I typed the boys' answers as they said them.

Thomas



Snow Globe Family by Jane O'Connor, Illustrated by S.D. Schindler

What is this book about? It's about people who live in a snow globe.

What was your favorite part? There was a big baby that was outside the snow globe and she shook the snow globe around. Then the people in the snow globe were going like "whee" and they went outside and went sledding.

Who was your favorite character? The baby in the snow globe.

Is there anything you didn't like about this book? No, I liked it.

Would you read another book by this author? Yes I will!


Gordon



What's Wrong, Little Pookie?, written and illustrated by Sandra Boynton

What is this book about? There's a little pig that is sad and his mom is checking if he wants something.

What was your favorite part? When those green elephants stole those cookies from that pig.

Who was your favorite character? The little tiny pig.

Is there anything you didn't like about this book? No.

Would you read another book by this author? I would read a different kind.

(Mom's note: we LOVE Sandra Boynton around here!! A definite recommend for any age-- she's hilarious!)

2 comments:

becky ward said...

These little book reports are adorable.
I hope you do them every week.

Amanda and Andy Hansen said...

Good idea! I'll have to show Tyler and maybe it will get him excited about reading.