Monday, June 25, 2007

Change the batteries

Some tidbits of late: I went to download my latest pictures this evening and found a most annoying message from my camera: "Change the batteries". Since I am too impatient to wait the 30 minutes it takes for my camera batteries to charge, I am blogging sans recent pictures for tonight. The batteries will surely be fully charged by tomorrow, so I promise another post ripe with our weekend photos. So fun!

It's what fun is...
We went to Lagoon with the kids on Saturday at the expense of my company. I am very glad that Harris Research has a Lagoon day because otherwise, I don't think I would go. Lagoon is synonymous with insanity, in my opinion, and I can't imagine why on earth people would pay money willingly to go there. But, the kids had a great time and it was a pretty fun day. More on that tomorrow, along with some pictures.

When they think you aren't watching...
Tonight, Gordon enjoyed a little cup butterscotch pudding (which he asks for, specifically, and I finally figured out what he was saying tonight!) and, not realizing that I was watching, finished eating it and promptly hopped off his stool, toddled over to the cabinet and threw away his empty cup! What a good boy! He is just growing up so fast!

As if I need the reminder...
Thomas, also growing up too quickly, has been quite the little inquisitor lately. A few days ago, he and Chris had a lengthy conversation about death, of all things. Where does this come from? I really have no idea, but I think Chris must have gone into some detail about the cycle of life, how bodies decay over time, etc. Tonight Thomas told me, very matter-of-factly, "Mom, your body is not perfect." Gee, thanks.

New tunes...
For my birthday, my sis-in-law, Heidi, sent me a new CD of Kate Havnevik. I am listening to it right now and I love it! Thanks, Hij!!

And some pics...
Since I can't leave you with two non-pictured posts in a row, here are a few more from Hawaii...


3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Did you have to show the pics with the fat lady in them? Geez! Oh well, at least the one with you and Chris is cute. Anyway, those boys are so sweet and stinky - I can't wait to see them on the 7th!

What's new on Limerick said...

Hello, Elise. We are Susan and Tom aboard LIMERICK, at Bocas Marina. We met your grandparents here and have just read their entire blogspot. Thank you so much for setting it up for them--they are such incredible adventurers and writers. It's great for other boaters to be able to read their stuff. And you look so much like Carol! Of course, we had to take a peek at your blogs as well, and thoroughly enjoyed them too. Sounds as if you have your head screwed on right. Enjoy every minute with your lovely family.

The Myers Family said...

Glad you like the CD, Leesta! And I enjoyed all of the tidbits you shared. Your writing is descriptive enough to satisfy me-- even without the pics, but those are fun, too! There's no way David would throw away his empty pudding cup like that--way to go, Gord! But David does like to stuff bunches of clean, new diapers into the diaper pail...