Thursday, June 02, 2011

Come on, Summer!

It's June!  Tomorrow is the last day of school!  My sweet little tree in the backyard really looks like popcorn popping!  My garden is planted!  So come on, SUMMER, what are you waiting for?!

When my grandparents were here, we discussed the fact that no matter where you live, you pay a price in some regard or another.  Here in lovely, low-cost-of-living, great family community Idaho, the price we pay is in the weather.  Or rather, the wind.  And the cold.  I feel like winter has lasted about four months too long, and I am ready, ready, ready for summer.

Yesterday I expressed my happiness at the first of June (for reasons of impending summertime) and Chris replied with, "Yeah, only three months until football season!"  Sheesh.

Anyway, it's windy here, but at least we have a kite, a huge field outside our back gate, and little boys who can stay entertained for hours.


We're all getting very excited for summertime, and I'm going to do my best to make sure that this summer is one of our best ever.  On the docket for summer activities:  camping, hiking, swimming lessons, tee ball, bike riding, and family visits.  We can't wait! 

P.S.  I updated my book list!

No comments: