Friday, April 06, 2012

Update

I haven't blogged in so long that Blogger has changed its format and I almost don't know how to do it anymore!  But don't worry, I said almost.

Here's a quick little rundown of the happenings at the Hansen home, in no particular order:


*  Gordon finished up a stellar basketball season.  Even though he never actually scored a goal in a game, he had a blast and keeps talking about playing again next season.  He did come really close to winning the free-throw competition after the last game, so he definitely ended the season on a high.

*  Tom finished another swimming lessons session.  He is getting pretty good at his strokes and has even made up a couple of new ones.  He really, really loves jumping off of the high dive and spent nearly two hours during a Saturday public swim doing just that.  On that particular day, I learned that an hour wrangling a super wiggly 3-year-old in the shallow section is about all I can handle.

*  Neil spends all day talking, talking, talking and I think it's pretty funny.  He still can't say his "R" or "L" sound, so it's cute when he says things like Hewwo (Hello) and yitto (little).  A week or so ago, I took Neil to the store with me and he picked out a C3-P0 Pez as a treat and has been carrying the dispenser around ever since.  This, of course, led to watching the Star Wars series and a renewed interest in the random Star Wars toys we have collected.  Today, Neil was imitating C3-P0 and said "HeLLo" just perfectly, with the L sound and all.  I said, "hey, you can say your L's!  Can you say NeiL?"  Neil said, "My name's not NeiL, it's Neow."  Right.

* Chris returned last week from a 4-week-long business trip to Dallas, during which we all just about lost our minds.

*  Luckily, during said business trip, I was able to leave the boys with my wonderful and patient in-laws and fly out to Texas for a long weekend.  Chris and I hung out with his cousin, Jake, his wife Maren, and their darling kids, in the Dallas area, then drove down to San Antonio to visit Andy and Amanda and our sweet little nephews and niece.  We ate A LOT, went to the movies for the first time since Avatar (sad!), and had really perfect weather.  It was the perfect little respite from the aforementioned mind-losing.

Here we are at San Antonio's famous River Walk...


*  After returning from the lone star state (Chris still had a week to go), I took the boys to the Air Force Museum at Hill AFB on the way home.  The boys sure love those huge planes.  In fact, Gordon has decided that in addition to the myriad other things he plans to be when he grows up (President, a doctor, a teacher, a fireman, an inventor, a rock star, etc, etc, etc), he is adding "pilot" to the list.


I think that's about it for now.  Happy Friday, and Happy Easter!

2 comments:

Holly said...

Hello Friend! I was so happy to see your comment! I hope things are going great. Stop by my blog today for big news!
Love you too!
Holly

Becca said...

I love a Hansen update! I am sorry about the four-week business trip, (FOUR WEEKS???? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?) but so glad you got to go to Texas! It's the best state for eating out, as far as I'm concerned. I love it that C3PO can be credited for helping Ne-ow say his L's. Cute.