Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Happy Birthday to two cute boys!

Happy Birthday to two of my favorite people on the planet:  my wonderful hubster, Chris, and my little stinker, Neil.  Before I forget, if you want to see a truly awesome montage of these two, be sure to check out my mother-in-law's blog here!  Such great pictures-- aren't they handsome?

Two years ago, I secretly wished that our third little boy would be born on October 4th, Chris's birthday.  I thought it would be fun to have a double celebration every year.  Instead, Neil was 90 minutes late and now has his own day, which is really even better.  Now we get back-to-back parties!  

Last night, we celebrated Chris's 34th (man, he's getting old!) with a delicious dinner followed by three kinds of pie.  And today, we had a fun birthday cake with yummy fudge frosting for 2-year-old Neil.  Such fun, and Neil has almost figured out how to sing "Happy Birthday to you!"

For the past week or so, we've been teaching Neil to answer, "I'm TWO!" when you ask, "How old are you?"  In his baby babble, he also says something that sounds like capisce (ka-peesh), so we've taught him how to say it like an Italian gangster.  "I'm two, capisce?!"  It's pretty funny.

I love these two and I love celebrating them two days in a row!  Happy Birthday boys!

2 comments:

becky ward said...

that is so fun! happy birthday to them! sorry we can't seem to get together. at least i get to see you tomorrow. thank goodness for book club (even though i never got the book read).

Elise said...

Becky, I'm so glad you're coming! I miss you!