Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Nature Walk

Days like yesterday really make me miss the Pacific Northwest! I remember last summer when we actually complained that it was 85 degrees! Ha!

Yesterday, it was 99 again in the valley, so the boys and I headed up into Logan Canyon for the afternoon. It was still hot there-- 94 on my dashboard thermometer-- but the shade of the trees and the cold rushing river helped to make it feel cooler. We went on a short nature walk on Riverside Nature Trail, but Gordon was more interested in picking up rocks, sticks, leaves, bugs, etc. than he was in walking along. Thomas, on the other hand, was more interested in running really far ahead, to the point that I would get nervous and have to call him back. I think next time I'll bring the wagon and strap them both in!

The highlight of our afternoon was crossing the road that a stream runs right over. The water is shallow enough that the boys could run across it-- which they did, about a hundred times! We stayed and played in the cool water for about a half an hour and by the time we left, they were both soaked through. It was kind of a mess, but can you imagine a more delightful way to spend a hot summer afternoon?

  Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

becky ward said...

Owen is so jealous! Looks like a great way to spend a hot afternoon.