Sunday, October 08, 2006

10-4 The Grand Canyon!

We debated whether or not to drive the three and a half hours down to the Grand Canyon, then decided we really had to do it since we were so close. Even though it was incredibly windy, I was so glad that we made the trip. This was my first visit to the Grand Canyon and it was amazing! We had a fun time hiking around-- Gordon strapped to Chris's back, of course, and me squeezing Tom's hand as we meandered the trails on the edge of the cliff. I was very surprised at all of the trees on the way and on the North side of the canyon. For some reason, I had always pictured a very desert-like setting. The canyon itself was quite beautiful and we were glad we made the trip!

 
 
 
Nice mane, eh? I don't know why I wore my hair down that day, but what can you do?

  Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

jILl PeTeRsEn said...

LOVE the hair!

becky ward said...

Great picture of Gord! I would love to go see THE Grand Canyon...what an amazing site. Looks like you had a great time, but we are all glad you are home and updating your blog again! We missed you!